COVID-19 UPDATES & RESOURCES
Recent weeks have seen some extraordinary moves in the financial markets, as the world reacts to the spread of COVID-19. Please know that we are closely monitoring current news and economic reports, and we are committed to supporting you through this season. Feel free to contact us at any time, for any reason. We are here to help.
It’s difficult not to become alarmed about the pandemic, and its potential effects on our markets, economy, and social systems. Below are a few updates and resources we’d like to share with you.
- Although this contraction may last awhile, we believe that most investors will be in a position to rebound strongly later this year and early next year when virus-related shock subsides and pent up demand re-emerges.
- A solid financial plan has already incorporated the inevitable market downturns into the plan’s long-term functionality.
- Because so many of our clients work in the health industry, we know that your stress level is climbing. Don’t forget to take care of yourself and your family, including your mental health.
- We are here to help and are committed to providing the information and resources you need without interruption.
We value your continued trust.
CARES ACT OVERVIEW
- Cash payments to individuals earning less than$99K / $198K household.
- Extra unemployment payments – adds $600 per week in federal unemployment benefit to the state benefit
- Tax Deadline extension – from April 15 to July 15
- Student Loan payments suspended through September
- Emergency grants and forgivable loan programs for small businesses
- $500 Billion in loans to big businesses like airlines
- $100 Billion for hospitals responding to COVID-19, $16 Billion to Strategic National Stockpile of medical supplies.
- Additional funds for school meals, food stamps, and food banks.
- Makes coronavirus treatment covered by insurance and tests free
PAYCHECK PROTECTION PROGRAM
The Paycheck Protection Program provides small businesses with funds to pay up to 8 weeks of payroll costs including benefits. Funds can also be used to pay interest on mortgages, rent, and utilities. If interested, please contact and forward all documents to Chris Latino, CPA. Ph: 303-444-4327 Fax: 720-890-2690.
- Paycheck Protection Program Application
- Paycheck Protection Program Overview
- Paycheck Protection Program FAQ’s from the U.S. Small Business Administration updated March 12, 2o21
- Paycheck Protection Program Fact Sheet from the U.S. Department of the Treasury
- Paycheck Protection Program Checklist from FundBox
- COVID-19 Small Business Loans Details from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- More information: Guide to Small Business COVID-19 Emergency Loans
- More resources provided the U.S. Small Business Administration
STUDENT LOAN INFO FOR OUR DOCTORS
Accruing interest and payments are halted as of March 18th and through Sept. 30th 2021. Most borrower statements are now showing 0% interest, and servicers are working to enact payment suspension ASAP.
Those enrolled in Income-Driven plans will be able to count this six month period towards available loan forgiveness, including PSLF, assuming they are meeting the employment requirements.
- Anyone pursuing PSLF is advised to simply enjoy the payment holiday, as making unnecessary payments would only increase the cost of forgiveness.
This does NOT apply to private, institutional, most FFEL (2010 or earlier), Perkins and other non-Direct loans, however, some of these can be consolidated to Direct and then become eligible.
Loans refinanced through a private lender (Sofi, Laurel Road, CommonBond, Splash, etc.) are NOT eligible for the stimulus. That said, the opportunity exists right now to secure the lowest rates we’ve ever seen, on federal loans or by re-refinancing.
Doctors Without Quarters newest partner, Splash, is advertising 5-year fixed rates under 3 — AND they will pay up to a $1000 bonus.
- If interested in refinancing through Splash, please visit: https://www.splashfinancial.com/dwoq and notify Hayley Veal.
MARKET NEWS & TIPS
BEHAVIORAL INVESTING ADVICE
It is completely normal to experience feelings of loneliness, fear and anxiety during these unprecedented times. While we may not be able to control our initial feelings, we can control our internal dialogue. It is important to take a step back and remember these two important points: 1. You have a solid financial plan in place for this & 2. Your team is here to guide you along the way. Our clients never walk alone through their trials and uncertainties.
We post behavioral advice every week here and on various social media platforms, like the Mosaic Financial Associates Twitter, Facebook, & LinkedIn. For our Orthopaedist Advisory Group clients, please see the OAG Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn pages for content that is relative and pertinent to your situation.
Securities and advisory services offered through Registered Representatives of Cetera Advisors LLC (doing insurance business in CA as CFGA Insurance Agency LLC), member FINRA, SIPC, a broker/dealer and a registered investment adviser.