The Top 6 Questions to Ask Yourself as You Approach Retirement
We feel as though there are a number of questions that people need to address, and ask themselves as they approach retirement. It’s never too early to start considering your long-term future plans, and ensure you have all the necessary provision in place to provide a life of financial freedom.
- How long should you plan for retirement?
- Can you afford the retirement that you want? You have developed a particular standard of living, make sure you consider that.
- Are you thinking of retiring early? Specifically, how is that going to affect the financial aspects of your plan?
- Are you thinking of postponing retirement? There may be certain advantages financially, but perhaps emotionally not as attractive.
- Do you plan to work while in retirement? A number of clients will just pick up jobs here and there in order to supplement their retirement income.
- How much retirement income will you need? It is critical that you develop an actual distribution plan in order to determine the likelihood of your success pertaining to retirement.
Additional questions to consider, are you ready to retire? Seems pretty basic, but for some folks, the emotional component of it, they retire and then they’re bored, they’re not interested. Ask yourself what retirement means to you.
Close your eyes and think about retirement, what do you see? There are a number of financial and emotional aspects that it’s critical to evaluate.
Watch the video of this article:
If you would like to learn more about this subject or receive a free quote then please contact us and we’ll be happy to help.
Securities and investment advisory services offered through NEXT Financial Group, Inc. Member FINRA/SIPC. None of the named entities are affiliates of NEXT Financial Group, Inc. Neither NEXT Financial Group nor its Representatives give tax or legal advice.