Disability Insurance Income Protection with Marcy Pruitt
This week we are excited to present our interview with disability insurance specialist, Marcy Pruitt.
With over 25 years of experience in the disability insurance sector and as managing partner of Disability Insurance Services (DIS), Marcy provides agents and affiliates with the knowledge/expertise to successfully design plans that meet their client’s needs in the unfortunate event an injury or onset of illness occurs. Currently, she is a certified continuing education instructor and oversees responsible for DIS’ southwest region. Marcy is also a member of many insurance organizations and has earned the Disability Income Associate (DIA) designation.
Interview Questions & Topics
1) How long does a typical disability last?
- Total vs. partial disability
2) Are most disabilities due to an illness or an accident?
- Most common types
3) How does white-collar disability compare to blue-collar disability?
4) Why is it that there is some skepticism surrounding disability insurance and can you provide some reasons it is beneficial?
- Individual vs. Employer plans
- Examination of the “one size fits all” contracts
5) What is the potential economic loss/impact on a family as a result of becoming disabled?
- New purchases
- New healthcare costs
- Potential home renovations
Watch the full interview with Marcy Pruitt:
Be sure to check out our other informative interviews here.
Securities and advisory services offered through Cetera Advisors LLC, Member FINRA/SIPC, a broker/dealer and a Registered Investment Advisor. Cetera is under separate ownership from any other named entity.